Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Have a great trip, Lesly & Helen!"

Spring is springing!  My Mudda (aka:  mother) & I kicked the season off in gorgeous Playa del Carmen, Mexico.  The Yucatan Peninsula is one of the few areas of the country consistently deemed still safe by the US State Department and we did not allow any nay sayers to dampen our excitement for this escape.  <insert elevated eyebrow, ahem - Texas Department of Public Safety>  

Highlights of our time:
  • Quiet surroundings, lush vegetation, friendly folks, and every detail attended to by a diligent resort staff.
  • Having absolutely zero concern about where to find meals, no planning of the time, and no expectations that we would "do something," this day or the next.
  • Moonlight massages on the beach in a Mayan Palapa. Thank you, Mudda, what a treat!
  • Seeing my Mom enjoy a relaxing time away from the real world.
  • Many chuckles and Peppermint Patty Laughs, including this one, thanks to a waiter who apparently fell victim to my evident under-enunciation of my name - 

If you need a solid resort recommendation, email me and I'm more than happy to give you details of my experiences.  

Here is a sampling of scenery, below, along with an album found here:  https://picasaweb.google.com/100660534081378363970/Playa?authkey=Gv1sRgCLmSuKjnqeCrIw&feat=email
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. My very generous and lovely daughter treated her Mudda to this luxurious vacation. It was heaven on earth and I cannot wait to go again. Thank you dear daughter.

    ReplyDelete