Monday, June 18, 2012

Because I can't restrain myself from sharing

My last post was education oriented and such is this one, too.  (enter station identification pause for those who would like to turn the channel)

If you're an educator or in a similar profession and in need of some "oomph," click here:

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/06/15-6

Gratitude to Charley for sharing that!

If you're an educator or in a similar profession who has ever heard "I think I'll get my teaching certification, you know, just as a fall-back choice in case my corporate career doesn't work out, or if we have children soon and that way I have the same schedule as them," babbled from a friend (and I quote that, verbatim, from someone I knew at the onset of our current economic decline), then read this:

http://www.musingsonlifeandlove.com/2010/09/13/the-hardest-job-everyone-thinks-they-can-do/

If you're anyone who may have ever questioned the dedication of children or teenagers (admit it, we all have at one point), or questioned the reasons some of them appear "gangsta," silly, squirrelly, or like misguided "losers," then read this post contributed by a fellow colleague of mine, who is currently teaching urban-ish high school summer school, and who is also a fellow PHS Wildcat of mine:

"I almost cried today! I had a student walk 3 miles to summer school this morning because the DART bus driver drove by him and wouldn't let him on the bus... He was sweaty and a bit stinky, haha, but he WALKED all the way to school! One of the moments when you are reminded, once again, that our students don't magically plop down into our classrooms with no problems of their own. And they DO care. Not all the time, but they will care if YOU care :-)"


1 comment: