Saturday, November 3, 2012

AppendixamousHalloweenous

This week, two events transpired, one of which is an annual observance that hasn't spoken to me since I was a child, and even then I only participated out of en mass prompting - Halloween, and the second event, taking place the day after Halloween, had me near giddy as to complete the process of extracting my worthless, unemployed, useless, no good for nothing, scoundrel of an appendix.  I am nicely resting at home under the watchful eye of Nurse Green and am equally thankful to my colleague Alexis for ensuring that the parade marches on in my classroom with a substitute teacher.  I've received some unsavory news from the sub teacher about conduct in a couple of my classes, including a mysterious incident involving the entrepreneurial mixing of vinegar and baking soda.  The shakedown investigation, complete with a single light bulb illuminating a metal table and my most skilled stink-eye, of that incident shall begin upon my return to work, ideally on Monday.  My abdomen is very tender and sore, but I've felt otherwise in tip top shape, despite quick to tire.  Char took me out yesterday to vote before the giant crowds balloon on Tuesday and I tuckered out after standing a bit, so my return to work will likely involve quite a bit of the ever-frowned-upon seated teacher position.

Even though Halloween doesn't set my hair afire, I do enjoy seeing photos of the little (and big) ones enjoying the ode to C12H22O11.  

Here's my kindred spirit niece digging into her own pumpkin for carving:


Cousin Bekah & Chet:


Second cousins Olivia & Julia:


Sugar Apocalypse:


Canine Cousins Ellie & Lucky Luke (aka:  Rufferee):



And a few more jewels:

                                             

My favorite costumes of my childhood Halloweens were:  Pink Panther, one half of a pair of dice, the er, "character" that is seen in my blog photo, and a vampire (I already have the built in widow's peak).  All of those were compliments of a creative Mother on a strict budget.  This year was no different in years past in that I don't "do" Halloween, but I did have this multi-thousand dollar bracelet:










1 comment:

  1. Great ode to Halloween, Hedda. Love the high end bling on your wrist. Glad you are on the mend! Love you, Mudda.

    ReplyDelete