Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sedona Style

We truly have priceless friends.  Several months back, well before our wedding date was decided upon, I brainstormed a hoodwink*** opportunity to provide for Charley as a Christmas (2012) gift.  I considered Sedona - how can hiking, spas, wineries, and mountains NOT be considered, right?  That wasn't my only consideration, but I shan't reveal the others here since Char reads this blog.  Heh.  In a passing conversation with my beautiful (on the inside and out) friend W, I wound up with an offer I simply could not refuse.  W and her equally beautiful (on the inside and out) hubs participate in a travel program and there just so happened to be made available a lil stay at a property in Sedona.  Kismet!  

Over Memorial Day weekend we jetted off to Arizona and enjoyed the sights, scenery, and smells.  Fresh air!  I took, er, a few photos.  The link is below.  This outing was my first adventure with my big girl camera, so you can see from the outset that I'm enamored with vegetation.  Especially up close and personal shots of vegetation.  Don't worry, we're all hoping this phase will pass.  You can also see from the photos that there are a LOT of rocks in Sedona.  Beautiful rocks!  

We'll assuredly return, and spend more time in Sedona, as well as venture out to Flagstaff, Jerome, and other suggested parts out there yonder.  If you find yourself in the neighborhood, we can wholly support these choices if you need recommendations:





***Hoodwink:  otherwise known as the stink-eye, according to Andrea, is something Charley and I do for each other now and then.  One plans a trip for the other, without revealing the destination until we depart at the airport.  A hoodwink!

No comments:

Post a Comment