Friday, October 11, 2013

A weekend send-off

1) For students, parents of students, and educators:  http://fedupwithlunch.com/ It's a blog written by, I believe, a teacher who accidentally arrived at school one day with no packed lunch*** and was prompted to buy the cafeteria lunch for fuel.  The blog, I think, chronicles a year long journey of observing what is served by our nation's school cafeterias as she intentionally bought cafeteria lunch each day, for the remainder of that year.  I by no means dig at the cafeterias themselves, as they must comply with federal and state laws in their daily menu offerings, while wrestling a bone dry public school funding stream.

2) This photo and its highlighted information will tickle anyone who has supervised in any capacity a wily toddler simply not interested in staying in bed:


3) This photo, I believe arranged by a secondary school classmate of mine, is innocent animal humor at its very best.  As an animal advocate, I wholly approve of this 8 second engagement:



***Beware of photos the blogger logged, if you're weak of stomach.  Also, for those who are well aware of my school day lunch preparation failings, I will just say this:  my food organization flunky status did lead me to one of my dearest friends and golden humans, Ms. Sharby/Tharrrrby Jo.

No comments:

Post a Comment